Headbands are an excellent way to add a little something extra to your outfit while keeping your look polished. The key to wearing a headband is to pick the right style and placement for your face shape.
But before you go all-in on the accessory, it’s important to know how to wear a headband in a way that complements your look.
How To Wear A Headband : Step By Step Guide
If you’re like me, you’ve been seeing friends and celebs rocking with headbands for a while now. I don’t know when the trend started, but I’ve been a fan since my childhood. So, let’s not wait and learn how to wear a headband to rock the look.
Basic Steps For Wearing A Headband
Whether you choose Hair down, bun, or braid hairstyle have to follow certain steps before wearing the headband. And these 4 steps are as follow:
Step #1: Choose Your Hairstyle
You know the hairstyle that will suit your appearance more? Right! But if you don’t, there are various hairstyles to choose from. We will discuss some of them in this article.
Related Article: 8 Easy Methods To Curl Your Hair At Home
Step #2: Select Headband
Practically every style will work when you wear a headband with your hair down. You may select a classic horse-shoe headband or a stretchy fabric headband, as well as a thin headband with a delicate look, or a large headband with a more bold look.
All in all, there is no hard and fast rule for choosing the headband. You just have to choose the headband that can perfectly match your outfit and the shape of your face.
Step #3: Brush Through Your Hair
You should brush your hair to make sure that the hair appears good when you put on your headband. Brush your hair through to the ends and make your hairs smooth and tangle-free.
Step #4: Place the Headband
Once your hair has been smoothly brushed slide the headband over your hair. However, the location of the headband depends on the hairstyle you choose.
1. How to Wear a Headband With Your Hair Down
For traditional headbands namely the hard ones with the opening in the lower part – the simplest method to wear is over your head with hair in the front of the headband.
Put your headband on the top of your head, without hair tucked behind your ears instead of putting the ends behind your ears and sliding the curved section over your forehead.
I know it sounds insane, but you may make your hair appear natural on the sides, either front or back of your headband.
Related Article: Straighten Curly Hair With Heat-Free Methods
Turban headbands are great for keeping you dry when exercising, such as morning racing or yoga. It keeps your hair off your face.
- Simply open it and put it across your head, with a knot at the front.
- Then simply push it up just a smidge that can help you in adding volume to your hairs.
2. How to Wear a Headband With A Bun
The central portion regulates this style and creates an elegant, modern, and stylish appearance. A low bun coupled with a headband is a genuine show grabber.
- First, comb everything back and down to prevent bumps.
- Then apply hairspray just to avoid flyaways.
A Messy Bun
Mixing both messy waves with several strands in front produces the appearance that is most flawlessly undone.
- To maintain the atmosphere of this appearance as simple as possible, ensure that your hair is not pushed too tightly over your ears.
- Then take a few strands and let them hang up in front of your headband.
3. How to Wear a Headband With Braids
The style is more casual when you combine a headband with a ponytail or a braid. If you want to spice up your headband hairdo, try braids hairstyle.
- Pull the hair back into your chosen ponytail, or braid.
- Use a hair elastic or pin to keep your hair secured and add some flexible hair spray if you worry about it being loosened.
- Position the headband and pull it into place in your hair.
- You may need to move it back in the hair, depending on the placement of your pony or braid.
The headband is often a woman’s main accessory for completing her outfit. It can also be a woman’s secret weapon in creating a polished look with little effort. And now you know how to wear a headband to make your hair look more sophisticated. Just give it a try!