Ready to go blonde or want to lighten hair without bleach at home? Searching how to lighten hair without bleach?
Don’t worry just relax and scroll the page, we will tell you the natural ways to lighten your hair without bleach at home. As the temperatures keep rising, our Instagram and Tik-Tok feeds keep showing lighter hair color selfies.
And you may have dreamed about strategies to turn your brunette hair color if you had dark brown hair. Luckily, when it comes to lightening your strands without bleach, there are a couple of techniques. Be ready to click and upload your selfie on Insta.
The Best Natural Ways On How To Lighten Hair Without Bleach
Sit back and browse these various techniques and pick one that suits you. There are a lot of techniques on make how to lighten hair without bleach by avoiding dangerous chemicals.
You could require stronger techniques depending on your natural color and kind of hair. Here are some of our favorite natural lighten hair methods without bleach:
1. Lemon Juice
- You need to simply squeeze out the lemon juice and mix it with water to wet your hair.
- Leave it to remain at least 1 hour before going to rinsing off.
- Sit in the sun for a bit for the finest results.
Lemon acids help in the process of how to lighten hair without bleach but can dry the hair. Please make sure that your hair is properly conditioned. Do not put lemon on your hair more than two times a month.
Honey can produce also a spectacular ingredient to lighten the hair without bleach, although needs a little more time and effort than lemon juice.
- It has to be thoroughly blended with water. This is best for lighten hair without bleach.
- Add hydrogen peroxide as an activator if you truly want to ensure its effectiveness. Although it’s not natural anymore, at this moment it can be all you’ve got to do at home.
- For 45 minutes to an hour, saturate your hair with that solution.
- To improve the process, use a clear processing cap, a plastic bag, or a shower cap.
Note: You will need to ensure that your hair is properly washed and conditioned if you add hydrogen peroxide to the honey. Don’t give your hair too much hydrogen peroxide as it can cause hair damage.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV)
The answer for everything these days appears to be Apple cider vinegar (ACV). ACV has numerous beauty routines including lightening hair as a popular home cure.
ACV acts as a lightener since it helps to balance the pH level of our hair. That’s why ACV is in our how to lighten hair without bleach guide. It is an acidic material that will light up the strands softly by dissolving any undesirable oils, dirt, and stickiness on your hair.
ACV can help in detangling hair knots as an extra benefit and may also help to reduce frizz.
- At a 1:1 ratio, mix ACV with water.
- Apply via a spray bottle gently on your hair.
- Cover your hair for 30 minutes once completely saturated, rinse thoroughly and apply conditioner.
- Brunette’s hair may give an orange shine. However, this is the best procedure for a person with lighter hair.
Just as a tea to soothe your body before night, chamomile may be used to make strands light without bleach when added to honey or just used alone. However, you will see few highlights, but more of an all-over light change.
This would nearly generate a tone change more noticeable in proper light or natural sunshine. It is, therefore, less aggressive to make it gentler than some other natural products.
- You only have to brew chamomile just as you would tea.
- Let it cool and use a spray bottle to apply it.
- Saturate your hair for at least 30 minutes from root to tip and cover for at least an hour only.
- If it feels dry, wash and condition your hair or use a hair mask.
Related Article: Tips On How To Hydrate Hair After Bleaching
5. Saltwater Solution
By producing your solution at home you may simulate the lightning effects of saltwater from the ocean. Salt interacts naturally with the keratin in your hair.
Sea salt also contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium which are important in the development of healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Mix a tablespoon of sea salt with a half cup of warm water and coat your hair evenly with it.
- Let it soak and then rinse out after 20 minutes.
- Near a sea or in a cottage would be the perfect area to use this strategy. But if you are at home, consider running a bath to have a soak and then take shower to rinse it out.
6. Baking Soda
Sodium bicarbonate is a superb alkaline and is suitable for hair treatment. It contributes to the elimination of chemicals from your hair. Surprisingly, you may use it to light up the color of your hair without bleach.
- In the water, dissolve the baking soda.
- Wash your hair as normal and use the soda baking solution before the final rinse.
- Your hair will light up slowly within a week.
7. Henna Powder
Traditionally henna powder is used to darken hair or deposit colors. Normally it doesn’t lighten your hair like other DIY products. It’s not all natural enough to increase your color on its own, but it can change your hair’s tonality.
It can transform black hair to more red or orange naturally, depending on the color of your original hair. But if you have light hair — especially if you’re blonde, your hair will become darker.
- Henna is not easy to use, as it oxidizes into an orange-red. Henna comes with a powder – mix with water and apply to strands.
- Just observe how much you apply and where you put it.
Note: If you don’t like the result, it is harder to correct the color.
8. Cinnamon Hair Lightener
Cinnamon can spice up your food with its distinctive aroma. It can also make your hair lighter without bleach.
- Make a cinnamon paste (and honey).
- Wash your hair as usual and condition it.
- Use your fingers evenly to spread your cinnamon hair bleach while your hair is still damp.
- Comb with a wide-toothed comb and cover for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse the hair out and condition the hair.
Tip: Cover with a shower cap or plastic wrap for optimal effects and leave overnight. Repeat as you would like, while the hair gradually lightens.
You’re right if you’ve ever found that your hair looks lighter after a summer in the sun. Sunshine is a 100% natural lightener. This is our personal favorite in how to lighten hair without bleach list.
This is because the mix of sunlight and air oxygen causes a reaction in melanin (our natural hair pigmentation) that lightens hair.
- Double down on the sunscreen and skip the cap so that you may leave the hair exposed to the sun.
- Try using a UV-protected hair spray to help keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
Ensure that after using these methods do not expect drastic outcomes. All the ingredients used in the natural approaches will provide extremely mild benefits.
Remember always that people are sensitive to various natural substances and have allergies, so naturally doesn’t mean that something is completely safe or that there is no reaction.
Before choosing any of the above-mentioned methods for how to lighten your hair without bleach, you need to consider what outcomes you want to achieve.